6th November 2013 at Alstom Grid, St Leonards Avenue, Stafford
The programme for the day comprised three morning presentations and two technical visits in the afternoon.
1. Power transmission and the need for HVDC (LCC and VSC) – Mr Colin Davidson from the Alstom Power Electronics Business Unit.
2. XLPE cables vs oil-paper cables – Prof. Steven Swingler from Southampton University
3. HVDC cables and the cable ageing project – Dr Antonios Tzimas from Alstom Grid R&T
1. VSC demonstrator (1 hour)
2. Cables ageing facility (1 hour)
26 delegates attended the seminar which was agreed to be a great success. The EIA expressed its appreciation to Alstom Grid RTC for hosting the seminar and for making the arrangements.