Wednesday 24th October 2018
Webster-Wilkinson Ltd would like to invite you to an Industry Seminar. The event will be held at 10am on Wednesday 24th October at the Holiday Inn Telford TF3 4EH
Lunch, served at the Hotel, will be followed by a tour of Webster Wilkinson Factory,Telford TF7 4QP
This is a free event supported by the Association, in order to help inform and educate. We attach a ‘Flyer’ with the event details.
The seminar is likely to be useful to new engineers, quality (QC/QA) personnel, asset managers and anyone using bushings in the field – to help inform and broaden their knowledge.
The Seminar will broadly cover –
* What is a high-voltage bushing?
* Mechanical Requirements
* Electrical Requirements
* Bushing design / construction in order to achieve both Mechanical and Electrical requirements
* Insulation choice
* Conductor / Stem materials
* Bushing Categories
* Design of a ceramic insulator
* Standards – Current and historic
* Manufacture of electrical porcelain
* Glaze – what is it? Why is it necessary?